Who? Tiger tamer.
On May 24, 2012, TMZ reported that “graphic video showing Roy Horn of Siegfried and Roy groping employees, grabbing their junk and squeezing their nipples is being shopped”.
Roy Horn has been undergoing longterm rehab since being mauled by a tiger onstage in 2003. The “graphic video” shows Horn with male employees working as caretakers in his & Siegfried’s home. TMZ staffers have watched the video, which was shot in 2010. Their breakdown of the video’s contents:
– As a caretaker helps Roy to the bathroom, Horn shoves his hand into the man’s butt crack in an aggressive manner
– On another trip to the bathroom, Roy thrusts his rear end into the male caretaker’s crotch
– In two clips, Roy grabs the genitals of two male caretakers
– Roy goes under the shirt of one caretaker and appears to tweak his nipples. The caretaker appears to writhe in pain
– It appears Roy gets frustrated with one of the caretakers and violently whips him with an oxygen tube
– Roy manhandles one of the caretakers and forcibly kisses him on the mouth
This story isn’t exactly new. In 2011 the Las Vegas Sun reported on a failed lawsuit against Roy Horn by former physical therapist Oliver Preiss, who alleged that he was fired after resisting Horn’s sexual advances. Legal papers quoted by The Sun mentioned videotapes.
[Siegfried & Roy's laywers wrote:] “Specifically, as alleged in the complaint, Mr. Preiss somehow obtained so-called `surveillance videos’ of supposed sexual conduct that took place in the privacy of Roy’s home.”
[Siegfried & Roy's laywers] said the [Priess's] attorneys initially demanded $500,000 from Horn personally and when he refused to pay, they threatened to initiate a criminal investigation and “released surreptitious video recordings of Roy to the National Enquirer, and later posted a hidden camera recording of a conversation between Roy, Mr. Preiss, and a third party” on YouTube.
The counterclaim charges Preiss provided some of the video to the National Enquirer for an Aug. 16, 2010, story called “Siegfried & Roy Sex Shocker’ ….
[Lawyers for Priess and three other former Siegfried & Roy employees wrote:] “Videotaped evidence shows Horn sexually assaulting and battering a number of his employees/assistants. … The surveillance videos show defendant Horn forcefully manhandling the male employees to kiss or fondle them.”
National Enquirer has part of its August 2010 story online: Siegfried & Roy Sex Shocker. “The ENQUIRER exclusively obtained a shocking videotape that shows Roy groping, fondling and sexually harassing his male employees.”